The time has come again to count our blessings and look ahead to the new year! Webster's Dictionary defines "resolution" as:
- A firm decision to do or not to do something.
- "She kept her resolution to call her mother each week."
- Synonyms: intention, resolve, decision, intent, aim, plan
- The quality of being determined or resolute.
- "He handled the last actions of the war with resolution."
- Synonyms: determination, purpose, purposefulness, resolve, resoluteness, single-mindedness, firmness, firmness of purpose
Ten years ago, I was rounding out my rookie year as an NFL Cheerleader. I had worked years to build my dance training, endured an "unsuccessful" NFL audition, performed for another team to gain experience, and finally, yes FINALLY! I was living the life I had dreamed as a cheerleader in the National Football League.
But let me tell you, the job was not simply handed to returning NFL cheerleaders. As I entered a new year, my resolve had to be stronger and more focused.